Etsy

Friday, July 2, 2010

Heirloom Tomatoes

I have a wonderful, wonderful ...did I say yummy fancy but easy way to serve heirloom tomatoes on a hot summer day or evening.  I have no stories for you this post..even though I could go on and on about how tomatoes used to taste compared to  today's varieties but I won't.  You can find heirloom tomatoes at most produce stands or farmer's markets or you can even grown them yourself.  This is a refreshing dish that your will love.

A variety of heirloom tomatoes sliced
1/3 cup white balsamic vinegar
1 clove of garlic minced
2 tbsp brown sugar
2 tbsp olive oil
1/8 tsp salt
1 ripe peach peeled and cut into chunks
fresh basil about 3 tbsp chopped
goat cheese

combine vinegar,  garlic, basil, oil, sugar, and salt - whisk until combined
stir in peach chunks

pour vinegar mixture over tomatoes and crumble goat cheese on top ...serve and enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment