Etsy

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Reflections and Poses



Time goes by …Places can change and often do …people change...
We took the kids to Pigeon Forge on Good Friday to spend the day. We decided to watch a magic show and it was wonderful. We ate at the Golden Corral with the buffet. It was really good and filled with lots of choices. We went shopping and just had a great time being together.

If you read my post you know I am a reflective person and as each year passes I become more and more reflective.

I was struck by things that do not change. As we were driving across the Smokies I saw a large family gathered in front of the Great Smoky Mountain Parkway sign having a photograph taken. How many of us have done that same kind of photo? It may not have been the Parkway sign but some other marker to still our place in time, a memento all in it’s own. I smiled and thought that the faces have changed but the scene is the same.

When we were young, my mom and dad loved to go on drives to little towns in Tennessee or Georgia-these would be places my dad would have been in his 18 wheeler that he wanted us to see. We would pack a cooler with bologna sandwiches and cokes and take along chips. There would also be a hot thermos of coffee. We would stop at those signs along the way to take those timeless photos that are still in photo albums today. Sometimes we would find a waterfall or some other beauty in nature to use as a back drop. If we were lucky we would find a flea market and be treated with some novel treasure.

I remember those trips and special times with my family-can’t tell you what toys I got or how much money I had but I do remember those poses beside a sign that said Welcome to Copper Hill Tennessee.

No comments:

Post a Comment