Etsy

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Broccoli and Cheese Soup






How many times have you ordered soup in a restaurant only to be disappointed? I have many times. Disappointments can sometimes lead you to great things.

I love soup especially creamy based thick soups that are full of flavor. I always knew the potential of broccoli soup but could never get the bowl that tasted just perfect….until I developed my own version of broccoli and cheese soup.

This is a fairly quick meal to prepare but it is full of flavor and will keep your family wanting more.

Broccoli and Cheese Soup

2 medium onions chopped
4 tablespoons of butter
1 quart of chicken stock
1 quart of water
2 bags of frozen chopped broccoli
½ package of the large box of Velveeta cheese – cubed
Half and half- about 2 cups-depending on how thick you want your soup
Heavy cream –about ¾ cup

(I didn’t say this was fat free)

Melt butter in large pot add onions and cook until tender- you can add a little water if they start to burn. Add chicken stock and water-bring to a boil and add broccoli. Cook until broccoli is done. Mash broccoli with potato masher- leave some chunks-add cheese and half and half. Cook on low until cheese is melted-stir often. Stir in heavy cream. Serve hot. YUMMY YUMMY!

I served this with my veggie sandwiches tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment