Etsy

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Ancient Greek Games and Salmon

No No I haven't lost my mind- I am just thinking about my week with my studnets. We finally got in a whole week without early dismissals or snow days. We have been studying Ancient Greek Olympics and comparing to modern day Olympics. The kids have produced some amazing art work from this unit and I am so proud of them. If you wander down the hallways at Fairview School you can see their work proudly displayed. Tomorrow we are having our own classroom Olympics complete with medals of honor. I can't believe I get paid to do this job!

For dinner tonight we had fish, specifically Salmon in a mustard sauce. The mustard sauce was courtsey of my friend and wonderful right hand woman Mrs. Rhea. I baked the salmon until almost done and then spread on the mustand sauce and finished baking. It was very tasty- as a matter of fact- I do not have a photo because my husband and son got into it before I could do a photograph - so you will just have to use your imagination. We had mashed sweet potatoes, corn on the cob, steamed green beans, and pasta salad.

Recipe for Mustard Sauce

1/2 cup of coarse ground mustard
2 Tablespoons dijon mustard
2 Tablespoons white wine vinegar
1 Tablespoons soy sauce
Kosher Salt
Black Pepper
4 cloves of garlic pressed

Mix well

Mrs. Rhea loves this sauce on pork on the grill and I plan on trying that too!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment