Etsy

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Simple Things








Today was certainly beautiful! The warm weather was nice to see and feel. Although I spent most of the day inside cleaning and doing laundry, I did open the blinds and curtains to let the sunshine in. I have posted a photograph of my children enjoying the day- they are growing so fast.

I wanted to share two simple but great ideas with you. Since Christmas I have been on an apron kick. I wanted aprons to wear while I am cooking and living in the area I live in, there just wasn't much of a choice. I posted comments on Facebook asking my friends where I could find some. Since that time, my mom made me a beautiful white one with dainty little flowers trimmed in lace. There is no way I am going to wear that beautiful piece of work - it means too much. I have picked up two, nothing fancy ones in thrift stores but still was not satisfied. Just a week or so ago, my friend Linda sent me a message telling about an apron idea. I loved it and so I made two. This is a simple thing to do. You buy a dish towel, two large buttons, and ribbon. Sew the buttons on each end of the dish towel(long side). Tie ribbon and leave a longer end so you can take the ribbon off to wash towels. I found two nice towels and coordinating buttons. The whole project only cost $5.00.

Thanks Linda :)

The next idea came from needing something simple yet practical on a small table I have in my kitchen. I had a larger candle on the table but was not happy with it. I wanted a simpler look. I took three clear cylinder vases and put pillar candles inside. I really like the look and thought I would share.

Please leave comments about these ideas or recipes- I would love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment