Etsy

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Charleston Cheese Straws - Not exactly

The weather is just beckoning me outside. I love this time of year where the breeze is just warm enough with the promise of what is to come. However, the laundry will not wait. Today is my 9th anniversary. I am married to a wonderful man. He is also a great father. One of his few flaws is that he does not do well when I am feeling bad or he is not one to spoil but his other chracteristics overshawdow the (I would not even call them bad) irrating ones.

If you read the post from last night you know I made soup and salad-the wonderful thing about making a meal like this is the next night. There is always enough soup and salad left for the next night. However, that is not the case with the sweet potato biscuits, they go quick.

I like having these little cheese crackers/bread/waffers ? not sure what to really call them but they are delish. I got the receipe from my friend Kelly but I changed it a bit - they are also very much like the Charleston Cheese Straws you can find when in Charleston ( but I think better).

Cheese Somethings

1 8oz sharp cheddar cheese (block)
1 c all purpose flour
3/4 stick of butter (real butter)leaves about 2 t tbs of butter from the stick
hot pepper (cayenne) to taste
salt

combine all ingredients except salt in food processor. Mix unitl mixuter come together in a ball. Chill 30 min. Preheat oven to 350. roll dough into long longs and slice 1/4 in rounds - bake for about 15 min sprinkle wiht salt while hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment