Etsy

Monday, March 15, 2010

Busy Week does not mean you have to eat out




For the next two weeks I am getting home later than usual-Aaron my 15 year old is taking Drivers Ed. Classes. The classes end at 6:00 and then I have a 30 minute drive after that putting me home around 6:30. If I want to make a “good” dinner we are looking at a 7:30 -8:00 dinner time. I DO NOT LIKE that choice so I have come up with ways to combat these late evenings. On Sunday afternoon, I do all the prep work for my meals for the week. I have a menu and make a list of my necessary groceries that are needed. This week the menu is as follows: Monday: meatloaf, green peas, my fabulous mashed potatoes, and home made mac and cheese: Tuesday: Tacos, refried beans, yellow rice Wednesday: Baked spaghetti lasagna style, salad and rolls, Thursday: leftover spaghetti and salad (because I am going to see Ron Rash at City Lights tonight) and Friday: Fresh chicken salad sandwiches and French Onion Soup with crusty bread topped with mozzarella cheese all melted on top.

Here is how I have planned it: Sunday: cook ground beef with a chopped onion – this will be used for spaghetti and tacos- take remaining fresh ground beef and make meat loaf mixture – to speed up cooking time on Monday I make meatloaf patties- place in 13 x 9 baking dish and cover in fridge- prepare mac and cheese and place in fridge- cook red skin potatoes that have been cut into chunks (leave a little under cooked)– no need to peel these because you mash the whole thing- caramelize onions (2 large) in butter-drain potatoes and store in fridge- cool onions and place in fridge. I am done for Sunday-

Monday evening I called my husband as I left Sylva and had him place the mac and cheese and meat loaf in the oven- I also had him put the potatoes back into a pot and cover with water –finish cooking- by the time I got home I put the peas on to cook and finished off the mashed potatoes.

I will let you know how the rest is done as the remainder of the week goes along. I hope it will be helpful to busy moms out there 

No comments:

Post a Comment