Etsy

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Saturday's are the Best Breakfast Mornings


Saturday morning's are the greatest days for having a nice breakfast. School morning are just too hectic and three of us do not like to eat first thing when we wake up (the kids do eat but it is a quick one). Sunday morning’s are so busy getting ready for church – so Saturday is the BEST! This morning I made whole grain oatmeal in the rice cooker (I tell you these are the greatest for cooking rice, oats and grits. I am sure I will find other uses for it too. When the oats were almost done-I added some tropical dried fruit mix and pecans, with brown sugar and a touch of butter. This was delicious and good for you. I also made canned croissants special by rolling up a piece of chocolate in each one before I baked them. The mini Hershey chocolate bars work great – break one in half for each croissant. I put smoked apple wood bacon in the oven and made scrambled cheesy eggs. I also made smoothies but left them thick so they would fit into fancy little glasses. (The kids love these). That is one think I look for in thrift stores – fancy little glasses that I can serve special items in like the thick smoothie or cut up fruit, pudding, and so much more.

The day is beautiful so I am going out to enjoy. I plan to plant some dahlias – my granny always had the most beautiful ones ever and I look forward to trying my hand at them. I will share with you at another time how these were grown and used to decorate the graves of loved ones on decoration day. This is a tradition that is not done many places but was a huge part of my life as a child. I am also going to plant a beautiful rose bush today.

Enjoy life my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment