Etsy

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Green Snow, Leprechaun Eggs, and Rainbow Cupcakes





Sometimes you just need to make cupcakes. One of the benefits of having dinner almost ready when you get home late is that if affords you some quality time with the little ones. Dinner was yummy and since we are having leftover tomorrow night- I did not have any other prep work to do tonight. Shade, Erika and I made rainbow cupcakes this was so much fun. This was easy to do and I highly recommend it if you have kids. You simply use a white cake mix and make according to directions then divide between six bowls. Use food coloring to mix your colors: Purple 9 drops of red 6 drops of blue Blue: just blue food coloring Green: green food coloring Yellow: yellow food coloring Orange mix red and yellow (more yellow than red) and Red: use red food coloring. Layer in cup cake liners- I used about one tablespoon of each color starting with purple, blue, green, yellow, orange and top with red. After they have cooled spoon cool whip in a baggie, snip end off of one corner and pipe onto cupcake. The effect looks like a cloud---get it and cloud and rainbow. I also did this with my students at school today and they loved it.

Tonight we also made magic green snow and are growing our very own magical leprechaun eggs. If you are interested in things like this the website I ordered them from is Steve Spangler Science. I get lots of things for my classroom here but it certainly is a site you can buy things to do with your own kids at home.

Happy St. Patrick’s Day Everyone!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment